Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wood Post Pumpkins


I have been working on these for a few days and I am so excited to show these to you!!  I have to give credit to Maria over at You Craft me up!  She came up with this fabulous idea!  I absolutely L.O.V.E. how they turned out.  She even has a video of how to make the notches in your wood!  


You've got to check out all the other wood craft ideas she has on her blog.  She is one Talented Crafty lady:)

This is such an inexpensive gift idea.  The wood post was about $7.50 at Home Depot.  You can get 2 sets of pumpkins out of an 8ft. piece of wood.  She gives all  the details over on her blog!

Here's how mine turned out:


To make the "Pumpkin Patch" sign, I just found a piece of scrap wood that looked about the right size, painted it Burnt Sienna, cut out the letters with my Cricut and paper, then stenciled the letters on with Light Ivory paint.  EASY!


9 comments:

  1. Super cute and easy! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these!!! And I have some spare wood!!! And orange paint!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins look so inviting on your porch, love the little sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so tempted to make these pumpkins. Hopefully my hubby has some scrap wood down in the garage. Love yours btw.! Thanks for further inspiration!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Karen

    Love your pumpkins and different too.

    I found your blog from the link party at theshabbycreekcottage.com

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, Karen! I love the curly Q's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I pinned you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these so much - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...