Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Garland {Upcycling!}

Hi, I'm Vanessa from Home Sweet Butterfly
homesweetbutterfly.com.jpg

I love creating fun and easy projects for my home while keeping the cost down. If you never been to Home Sweet Butterfly, I would love for you to stop by and look around.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I am so happy to be here with Karen and all of you today.
Today, I am up-cycling a old Christmas garland that has seen better days. You'll just need a green garland and two rolls of Poly Deco Mesh.

Take each end of the garland and hold it down with a chair , this will make it stable.
Gather the mesh in your hand 
Mesh should be 9 inches long
Make a puff  
Tie the mesh using the garland. Continue all the way down
First layer.
I added second layer, by using the same method.
Finish product. 
You can add ribbon going over the top and tying it off with the garland. Also hot glue Christmas ornaments as well. I love how the garland looks, its so fluffy and full. It looks great on top of my entertainment center. This would also look great over the fireplace or your entry way. I used Deco Mesh on my tree this year.  Thank you for having me Karen and I LOVE comments so drop me a line. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Vanessa

What a gorgeous Garland!  I love the pretty ribbon.  Thank you Vanessa.
Stop by Home Sweet Butterfly for more of Vanessa's cute crafts!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this garland what a wonderful idea very creative! Thank you so much for sharing Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...