Sunday, February 19, 2012

DIY St. Patrick's Day Banner {Easy!}


Sorry, no Keeping it Real today.  I just didn't have it in me.  I guess that's the beauty of having your own blog!  
I'll be back next Sunday with it, K?!

Today I wanted to craft! 

 I have been wanting to make a St. Patrick's Day Banner and when I saw Rebecca Coopers banner {with tutorial!} on her blog Simple as That, I just HAD to make one!  

You should go check out her blog.  It is AMAZING!  She is a fantastic Photographer, Scrapbooker, Crafter and Mom!  


For my banner, I bought an old hard cover book from a thrift store.  $2 bucks.  I love the old look of the pages!  

Then, instead of string, I used some grosgrain ribbon I had laying around.  I folded it in half, then used double stick tape to keep it folded.  

I almost sewed mine together, but I was too lazy to get my sewing machine out. 
I stapled the paper to the ribbon.  EASY!  

It took me about 45 minutes to make this and my 10 year old daughter helped trace the shamrocks.  She loves to craft too!


Hope your having a Lovely weekend!  It is 11:30am and I am still in my Jammies!  Yay!!


10 comments:

  1. I love it! So simple and sweet. love your little mantel decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Would you be willing to link this up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party? I'd love to have you, again. http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love that you made it even simpler than the first one I saw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really adorable. I haven't tried my decorating hand at banners yet. I can imagine they pack a lot of punch for holiday decorating ~ so I should get busy. I really like the style of this St. Patty's day one though. I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by P3!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks great! festive and fun!!
    enjoy your week...wouldn't it be nice to have a whole week in jammies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute banner Karen, I love the book pages on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your banner, I did exactly like it for Valentine's Day. Your mantel looks so nice also. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best! PS - now following you on Linky - hope you follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this and thought how cute...she used book pages for her banner! I hadn't seen that before and I love it! I want to make one now! I've been inspired! Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...